We acknowledge the rights of all persons to be treated equally, with dignity and respect, regardless of race, color, creed, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, physical ability, cognitive ability, or age.
- The rights of free speech, free press, peaceful assembly, due process, and habeas corpus must be defended and upheld
- Personal choices, including reproductive choice, domestic partnership, end of life options, religious choice, including freedom from and of religion, and marriage equality, are fundamental rights;
- Unreasonable searches and domestic surveillance including the USA Patriot Act, are unconstitutional;
- New Mexicans should be protected from personal and domestic violence, including emotional, mental, financial, and sexual violence, through education, law enforcement, and through the courts. Victims of these crimes deserve any and all the support they need; and
- The promotion of civility and speaking out against bigotry and other forms of intolerance.
- Protect the Establishment Clause, which is the separation of church and state, in all local, state, and federal government institutions including the military and the public schools;
- Improve conditions and defend human rights for the incarcerated;
- Embrace racial and socio-economic equality and counter discrimination in hiring practices and ongoing employment, and use affirmative action within academic admissions;
- Enact zoning ordinances whereby a portion of new development housing is set aside for low and middle-income households, called “Inclusionary Zoning,” and provide tax incentives that racially and socioeconomically desegregate new and existing neighborhoods and increase Public Housing availability;
- Call out the national trend of the disproportionate use of the death penalty against people of color and other disenfranchised people; and
- Enact legislation that accurately, appropriately, and actually defines racism in the workplace, including definitions of discriminatory behaviors and adverse treatment, to increase access to legal protections for people of color and to prevent income inequality that disproportionately and negatively affects people of color in the workplace.