ATTENTION Faithful Democrats:
Thursday, July 20, 2017, at 6:30 pm at the Newcomb Chapter House there will be a joint meeting of the Democratic Party of San Juan County and the Democratic Party of McKinley County.
Come to the Newcomb Chapter House on the Navajo Nation to hear about what’s going on in the area. As guests of the Newcomb Veterans Organization, we will hear from their Commander, Bruce Zah, and be able to ask questions of San Juan County Commissioner and Shiprock Veterans Director Wallace Charley, as well as Shiprock’s Emergency Alert Team’s leader Perry Begay.
There might be some surprise announcements!
Democratic Party of San Juan County
MP Schildmeyer, Chair Zachariah Ben, Vice Chair
Monthly Community Meeting, Newcomb Chapter House
Ward 1, Newcomb, NM, 6:30 pm, July 20, 2017
1. Call to order.
2. Pledge of allegiance and salute to NM flag: “I salute the flag of the State of New Mexico, the Zia symbol of perfect friendship among united cultures.”
3. Introductions, followed by opening statements of San Juan County Chair MP Schildmeyer, McKinley County Chair Cas Hoefman and Newcomb Commander Bruce Zah.
4. Treasurer’s Report, Carmel Gutierrez, Treasurer.
5. “Ward 1 and its precincts” presentation.
6. Connie Mack (Carmel Gutierrez) and San Juan County Fair (Catherine Thomas Kemp) activities and call for volunteers.
7. Healthcare update: Kari Deswood, Ward 4 Chair.
8. Special Guest: Wallace Charley, County Commissioner, District 1, and Shiprock Veterans’ Director.
9. Special Guest: Perry Begay, Shiprock Emergency Alert Team.