Democrats believe in state and federal investment in public infrastructure and transportation to improve our state’s economic competitiveness and create jobs. We also believe everyone should have clean water, electricity, heat, and high-speed internet.
- We support more advanced technology across New Mexico.
- Hire locally to:
- Restore roads and bridges to address decades of neglect;
- Build the infrastructure for affordable public transportation, electric vehicles, and bicycle routes;
- Install the infrastructure so that high-speed broadband networks can be a reality for both urban and rural New Mexicans and schools and;
- Modernize all public buildings at all levels of government to be powered by solar and wind;
- Develop and implement a statewide plan for land use and infrastructure growth;
- Protect communities from the impact of climate change and help them to mitigate its effects by incentivizing renewable energy utilities;
- Prioritize water use for human needs over industrial use;
- Encourage the reduction of residential and industrial water usage by providing sustainable water policies including aquifer protection, water-supply planning, consumptive water-use permitting, and resource protection programs; and
- Protect public health and safety by modernizing drinking and wastewater systems including technology to recycle water.